Engineering - Facilities Engineer / Specialist III
- Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the team's goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Assures accurate and timely communication among the team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues. In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Participates in area Risk Assessment, HAZOP's, Hazard Hunts, Critical Operating Parameter Reviews.
- Lead incident investigations (downtime, process safety related).
- Support Opportunity management-identification of opportunities and development of scope of work for projects.
- Risk assessments on new facility projects, existing facilities and closure of mitigating action items.
- Lead performance testing and plant-based trials.
- Operating guideline development for facilities.
- Coaching and mentoring of fellow and junior colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Civil, or Electrical Mechanical Engineering or related engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience
- Extensive knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications